Dust Mites, how these creatures are so deadly. Let Lazy’s house cleaning tips teach you how to deal with them with only what you have at home! Part 6
Dust mites are allergy victim’s worst nightmares. What are dust mites you ask? They are microscopic insects, that cannot be seen with your eyes and they are critters that feed on yours and animal dead skin cells. They breed and multiply ridiculously fast like some infection, and there are literally millions of them living and feeding inside fabrics in your home, like your bed, carpets, soft furnishings, clothes, and anywhere where dust tends to accumulate.
A dust mite can produce up to 200 times its own body weight in waste product. It poop can trigger a range of health problems and allergic reactions, like breathing difficulties, coughing, nasal congestion, itching, and watery eyes. These problems can also have a detrimental effect on your sleep, causing you to wake up several times during the night.
Its not possible to completely eliminate dust mites but there are several precautions you can take to drastically reduce their numbers and mitigate their threat. Today we will introduce you one effective and natural way to get rid of dust mites in your house using things you already have at home.
Use a Tea Tree Oil and Eucalyptus Spray
Tea tree oil is a natural antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-fungal oil that many homeowners, as well as beauty gurus, swear by for killing everything from acne bacteria and foot fungi to mould and mildew. It gets rid of dust mites and also disinfects and prevents viruses and fungi.
Mix two cups of distilled water with two tablespoons of tea tree oil and two tablespoons of eucalyptus oil (which repels most bugs, including dust mites). Pour the concoction into a dark spray bottle to prevent light from rendering the oils ineffective. Spray liberally on your bed, pillows, and furniture. Use them as you conduct your cleaning!
How to Prevent Dust Mites
- Regularly clean and vacuum the house. Cut down on clutter, and don't give dust a chance to collect.
- Regularly clean your vents to prevent allergens from spreading around the house.
- Wash bedding every week using high temperatures of at least 54°C.
- If you have house plants, don't overwater them. Clean up dead leaves on top of the soil.
- Use hypoallergenic bed and pillow covers, which are impenetrable to dust mites.
- Open windows regularly to lower humidity levels in the house.
- Replace carpets, curtains, and soft furnishing with hard flooring, blinds, and leather or pleather furniture.
Having a frequent house cleaning schedule is not easy…. We get it, that is why lazy is here to help you fill the gap in your house cleaning schedules. Having constant house cleaning services scheduled is the best way to protect yourself from dust mites and allergens.
You can easily make your booking for house cleaning services here to maintain your home and health.