Dust mites are allergy victim’s worst nightmares. What are dust mites you ask? They are microscopic insects, that cannot be seen with your eyes and they are critters that feed on yours and animal dead skin cells. They breed and multiply ridiculously fast like some infection, and there are literally millions of them living and feeding inside fabrics in your home, like your bed, carpets, soft furnishings, clothes, and anywhere where dust tends to accumulate.
A dust mite can produce up to 200 times its own body weight in waste product. It poop can trigger a range of health problems and allergic reactions, like breathing difficulties, coughing, nasal congestion, itching, and watery eyes. These problems can also have a detrimental effect on your sleep, causing you to wake up several times during the night.
Its not possible to completely eliminate dust mites but there are several precautions you can take to drastically reduce their numbers and mitigate their threat. Today we will introduce you one effective and natural way to get rid of dust mites in your house using things you already have at home.
Don't Make Your Bed in the Morning
Lazy to make your bed? Lazy has some some great news for anyone who hates making their bed first thing in the morning, just be Lazy and don't bother! Instead, give your duvet and bed cover a good airing. This allows the moisture that was excreted from our bodies during the night-time to dry.
Dust mites love moisture because they can't drink water in the normal sense, so instead, they absorb it through the air. By reducing moisture and humidity within the bed, you make life very difficult for them. You can make your bed every day and the humidity plummets for them very quickly! So open those windows and let it air!
How to Prevent Dust Mites
- Regularly clean and vacuum the house. Cut down on clutter, and don't give dust a chance to collect.
- Regularly clean your vents to prevent allergens from spreading around the house.
- Wash bedding every week using high temperatures of at least 54°C.
- If you have house plants, don't overwater them. Clean up dead leaves on top of the soil.
- Use hypoallergenic bed and pillow covers, which are impenetrable to dust mites.
- Open windows regularly to lower humidity levels in the house.
- Replace carpets, curtains, and soft furnishing with hard flooring, blinds, and leather or pleather furniture.
Having a frequent house cleaning schedule is not easy…. We get it, that is why lazy is here to help you fill the gap in your house cleaning schedules. Having constant house cleaning services scheduled is the best way to protect yourself from dust mites and allergens.
You can easily make your booking for house cleaning services here to maintain your home and health.